How much does it cost?

Many people can find the cost of double jaw surgery prohibitive. I've heard in New Zealand it can cost anywhere from $25,000 NZD up just for DJS alone as it is not covered by insurance.

In Melbourne Australia there are some small rebates available from Medicare and insurance providers cover pre-existing conditions after 12 months of being on a policy. Because double jaw surgery comes after about a year in braces this works out well!  But most insurance providers only cover the hospital costs, not the surgeon fees.

Below shows what I ended up paying all up for:

- SARPE/SAME surgery ($6022) I didn't have insurance cover for this one
- Braces ($9039)
- Double jaw surgery and genioplasty ($9195)

So all up it cost $24,256 but that was for a lot of work and totally worth it because now I can breathe better, eat better and I'm at less risk of suffering from sleep apnea when I get older.




Comments

Popular Posts